Welcome USI Faculty
Why does the Campus Store need textbook requests so early?
Because Early Book Requests = More Used/Rental Books for Students.
If we know what books you want to use next term BEFORE the end of the current term, we can increase our supply of lower-cost, used/rental books for next term's students.
- First we buy back unwanted, used copies from students on campus during finals. We would prefer to pay students cash than to the publishers.
- Then we start purchasing used copies from national used book wholesalers.
- Once we've exhausted these options, we purchase new books from the publishers and distributors
- If we don't know what books you're using until a few weeks before the start of term, we have little opportunity to get used copies for your incoming students.
Did you know?
- The USI Campus Store funds a $2,000.00 scholarship to each college (College of Business, College of Liberal Arts, etc.) yearly.
- The USI Campus Store contributes to various campus departments.
- The USI Campus Store is a proud sponsor of the USI Dance Team.
- The USI Campus Store is a proud sponsor of USI Athletics.
- The USI Campus Store is a supporter of the USI Alumni Association.
- The USI Campus Store is university owned/operated.
- All of the USI Campus Store profits go back to the university.
Please contact Nancy Schroder (ext 7122) if you desire assistance with the adoption process. The Textbook Department welcomes the opportunity to work with you to complete your book order.
Note: Please request all desk copies through your division secretary or your publisher representative. The USI Campus Store is not permitted to order "desk copies" from publishers.