USI Campus Store Policies
It's always a good idea to familiarize yourself with our policies before placing an order. Use the menu below to navigate our policies.
Your receipt is always required for a refund!
Why? Book theft is a big problem on college campuses. The way we protect your purchase from becoming someone else's refund is to require a receipt.
- Textbook refunds can be made during the first five (5) days of the semester for fall and spring classes. It changes to the first three days for each summer session. Refunds after these times will only be granted for dropped classes.
- Refunds for dropped classes must be made within the first five weeks each fall & spring semester and within the first three weeks for each summer session. *In addition to your receipt, you will need to bring your completed drop slip.
- Do not mark in your books until you are certain that there will be no need to return them. Any markings or damage to your book, inside or on the cover, will decrease your refund.
- Unopened computer software may be returned within ten days of purchase with a receipt.
- Clothing may be returned within ten days of purchase with a receipt. Items must be in new condition and have the tags still intact.
- There is a 14 day waiting period for refunds on check purchases.
- Not returnable: Bestsellers, special orders, review books, study guides, sale items, leisure reading, Cliff's Notes, opened software, shrink-wrapped items that have been opened.
- Apple products may be returned within ten (10) business days of purchase if in the original sealed package (unopened) and with original store receipt. (Products must be of the current version or model). Opened products are not returnable. Defective products will be handled in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty. Products inoperable upon first use have specific policies. Depending on the product, the item is either eligible for repair under warranty or may be exchanged for the same item. Requests for all returns must occur within 10 days of purchase. A restocking fee of at least 20% may apply to returns accepted outside the above guidelines. All returns are subject to approval by USI Tech Store staff. Depending on the particular product, other policies may apply.
You have entered into a rental agreement with the USI Campus Store to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. I am at least 18 years of age and a currently enrolled USI student. I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) with the USI Campus Store of my own free will.
I understand that ALL rentals must be returned by 3:00pm the Friday of finals week. A charge will be placed on my USI student account for the replacement cost plus a $25.00 late fee for any rental textbook not returned by due date. I will be charged the replacement cost of any rental book returned in unsalable condition. Unpaid charges/fees will limit your registration and graduation privileges.
I have entered into a rental agreement with the USI Campus Store to loan me one copy of a selected title(s). The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Rental books are refundable within the first week from the first Monday of the semester with a valid receipt and are subject to the current return policy.I understand that any book rented to me is the property of the USI CAMPUS STORE. I will return the rented materials to USI CAMPUS STORE – 8600 University Blvd – Evansville, IN 47712 on or before the rental return date. The USI CAMPUS STORE is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns shipped to the store via any carrier.
I am responsible for the condition of the materials rented and bear the full responsibility for the return of the rented materials in salable condition and for the payment of fees and replacement costs if rented materials are lost, stolen or returned in an unsalable condition. Unsalable condition includes damages incurred to the rented material as determined by USI staff. (One example of unsalable condition is a book that is wet or has gotten wet and now has “wavy” pages.) Limited highlighting and writing in a rented textbook is permitted.
Shipping RatesUPS will only deliver to a street address -do not list a PO Box- this will delay shipment!
UPS Ground insured $10.00
All orders will ship UPS Ground, if selected, insured to the 48 contiguous states unless otherwise specified.
Alaska and Hawaii will ship UPS 2nd Day Air since Ground service is not available. Saturday delivery not available.
UPS 2nd Day Air $40.00
Orders will ship UPS 2nd Day Air, if selected, insured to the 50 contiguous states. Saturday delivery not available.
UPS Next Day Air $50.00
Orders will ship UPS Next Day Air, if selected, insured to the 50 contiguous states. Saturday delivery not available.
- Canada (USPS mail insured) $40.00
- International (USPS insured) $70.00
- Pick up in store